Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Random Files: My 5 Biggest Time-Wasters

biggest timewasters photo IMG_5642_zpsc58082b5.jpg

Perhaps it's just me, but I am an awful procrastinator.
I procrastinate in general, but it is particularly chronic when it is time for me to either wake up, or go to bed.

You will find me laying in bed, with the iPad propped up, and check back an hour later, and I'll still be in the same position.

These are my most frequented sites and apps when I just want to be in my own mindless/brainless zone:


1) Instagram
Great place to see pretty (staged and non-staged) pictures, find new restaurants to try, outfits to copy, and essentially stalk the pretty have-everything people =)

2) YouTube 
 Like I've mentioned here, I am an avid YouTube viewer. Primarily due to beauty guru channels, but there's a smattering of aspiring filmmakers and singers, as well as a HILARIOUS documentary style videos from ZeFrank that I subscribe to. ZeFrank's True Facts videos literally make me cry with laughter at times. Which makes it a little of a pickle sometimes, as I do watch them whilst on my lunch break at work at times.

3) Games like Candy Crush, Panda Pop and Frozen
This...is like the black hole. The Bermuda triangle. I can lose myself and spend HOURS playing. Which was why I resisted until the end of last year, when I was off on a month-long vacation and then I fell folly to it. However, one of the pros of this is that the games are free (as long as you resist buying extra lives, extra moves, boosters, and what-nots) so it's a good way for me to distract myself when I have a bad case of itchy fingers, wanting to buy something

4) Wikipedia
Does anyone Google something and click on the link that leads to Wikipedia, and then spend the next hour just going through the related links within the site and end up at the most random topic ever? Like you start out reading about Abraham Lincoln and after an hour, end up learning about mollusks...

5) Amazon.com
I love Amazon. It is my go-to site to find cheaper prices on DVDs, kitchen tools and toys for my daughter. It is also my first resource for obscure, hard-to-find, long-forgotten books like the Shoe People series that I loved when I was young (my daughter loves them too) to buying bulk packs of food that remind me of home (a case of 30 packs of Indomie, anyone?). This company is genius. But it can get expensive...I just spent $50 on chocolates from England (because American chocolates just doesn't taste that good to me)  and another $40 on random books that I got for my daughter. All unplanned...

No comments:

Post a Comment