Friday, March 14, 2014

If Only I Could Cook...Toad-in-the-Hole

 photo image_zps0d301ee6.jpg

I have been hooked on watching YouTube for a long time now. Which is why I wanted to smack myself in the head for not thinking of going there to look up recipes and cooking techniques until now. Plus, there's the added benefit of hearing the ingredients and cooking terminology being pronounced (like seriously...how does one really pronounce Worcestershire?)

With that, I stumbled across the Sorted food boys. 
I'll admit, the main reason I was drawn to it was because they were English
(see here for my secret dream)

First recipe I tried was their Toad-in-the-Hole. And it wasn't half bad - not that I know what it was truly suppose to taste like...It turned out a lot better than the BBC Good Food recipe I used awhile back at any rate.

(I always thought it was a weird name for a food dish. It supposedly resembles the literal meaning of the sentence, but in all honestly, all I can think of are giant...well....sausages. Yes....those kind. It's probably due to the fact that I have a mind not unlike an immature teenage boy and am easily amused)

Pair that with mixed vegetables cooked with bacon and a blackberry custard tart and we have dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment