Monday, March 3, 2014

3 Ways and A Review: Zara Combination Biker Jacket

I don't own a leather jacket.

It is a classic, but in my mind, I gravitate more towards the prim and proper librarian/newscaster/Emma Pillsbury image rather than the cool and effortless biker/rocker/edgy looks. Simply because pigs will fly before I can look biker chic. 

But I was intrigued and I wanted to branch out a little this year. So I got one. Not full on leather, because Rome was not built in a day. So I got a "combination" one. And here are some looks to help ease me into this territory...

1) For work...

Zara Biker Jacket, Louboutin Declics photo f225948a-23dc-44f3-bfc8-9632aa6b1c6f_zps71791dc3.jpg Dress: Max & Cleo / Shoes: Christian Louboutin Declic / Necklace: Ebay

2) For a date night

Zara Biker Jacket, Topshop Playsuit photo IMG_5334_zps39ec20d0.jpg
Playsuit: Topshop

3) For a casual daytime out and about...

Zara Biker Jacket, Manolo BBs photo 1079206e-9327-48c5-b9ab-87650ec819e4_zps967e55b4.jpg Shirt: MNG / Jeans: Joe Jeans / Belt: Linea Pelle / Shoes: Manolo Blahnik BBs / Necklace: J.Crew

Being a loyal J.Crew girl, I don't venture out to other brands within the same market much.  Add to the fact that there are no brick and mortar Zara shops around the corner results in me having never bought anything from it before.

The search for a leather jacket brought me back to their online site again and again, until finally one day, I bit the bullet. They offer free shipping, free returns AND their delivery was lighting fast. My order arrived ONE day after I placed it.

I was beyond impressed.

And I was impressed by the jacket too. It was beautiful. Although not composed of real leather, it definitely did not have that fake plasticky-pleather feel to it. It is well-made, it looks expensive and it fits lovely.

As it is with most European brands, I found that I had to size up from my regular "American" sizing. I am normally a size 0 in J.Crew. I took a size S in the jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment