Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Beauty Bit: French Pharmacy Haul

Or as much of a French Pharmacy type haul as I can get from the comfort of my home across the pond that is the Atlantic Ocean.

Oh, the glory that is the internet...

French Pharmacy haul, Bioderma Sebium Review, Embryolisse, Klorane shampoo photo IMG_5945_zpsded6fb5b.jpg
 
1) Bioderma Sebium H2O Purifying Cleansing Micelle Solution, $31 - This is the combination/oily skin version of the infamous Bioderma micelle solution. I've used it for about a week now -- during the first few uses, it did cause some little whiteheads to pop up here and there (one close to my tear duct, which was interesting), but they were gone within a few days. It is brilliant at removing all traces of dirt and makeup left (even after washing with a cleanser), it makes life easier with the ease of use (especially for mornings when I pressed the snooze button one too many times. Or on cold days when the thought of splashing water on your face makes you want to crawl back into bed -- just swipe and you are ready for your moisturizer, serums and what nots.) However, it is pricey (and scented). And you have to use it numerous times to fully get all the makeup off. I can't say I've noticed a reduction in shine from using it (but I never really expected that because I have a very productive oil factory within my face...lucky me). So this is one that I use in the mornings, and AFTER cleansing my face with my regular cleanser in the evenings.

2) Klorane Conditioner with Magnolia, $16 - This is marketed as a "brilliant shine" conditioner. My first impression was that it smells gorgeous. It is a heady, seductive scent that lingers in hair (after washing. It was unfortunately gone by the next morning). The texture was pretty liquidy and it will probably run out really quickly if used on a daily basis. I didn't notice anything particularly ground-breaking in terms of shine -- I didn't have to shield my eyes from the glare of the sun reflecting off my hair, nor were people squinting when they looked at my crowing glory...but then I've only used it a couple of times (and to be honest, with the price and the quantity it buys, this will be more of a special occasion/pamper evening type product).

Tip - However, if you want your hair to be super shiny and smooth using a cheap homemade method, mash up bananas with honey and apply that as a hair mask. Cover with a shower cap or plastic bag for about 20 minutes and then rinse off. Wash and condition as usual....and expect compliments after.
 
3) Klorane Soothing Shampoo with Peony Extract, $19.50 - Peony is said to help soothe irritated scalps (like mine was after the whole no-washing everyday type experiment I did last month). It smells lovely (more like roses rather than peony, to my pedestrian nose), the bottle is quite substantial and the packaging just looks chic. Again, I've only used it a few times so not much of an opportunity to provide a full review, but it smells lovely...wait...I've said that. Will update once I've used it a few more times and if I love it. But for now, it is just a regular shampoo with an expensive price tag (which was pretty much what I was expecting, but perfect for above mentioned special occasion/pamper evening type use)

4) Embryolisse Hydra-Mat Emulsion, $40 - This is said to provide a long-lasting matte effect by absorbing excessive sebum. I am looking forward to trying this out, especially with summer coming up. Whilst I love my Korres Wild-Rose moisturizer, it is best suited for nighttime (when I don't run the risk of scaring anyone off with my greasy face) or during dry skin days in the cold season.


No comments:

Post a Comment