Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Beauty Bit: Product Empties

 photo empties_zpsb04883cd.png


1) up & up Oil Free Acne Wash cleanser
An affordable, good basic cleanser that is the store brand version of Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Wash. I have purchased and repurchased this and am currently on my 3rd consecutive bottle.
Will I Repurchase? Yes, I am already a third of the way through the new bottle. However, I have always had a wandering eye in terms of skincare, so I am currently itching to try something new.


These pads are treated with glycolic acid to help with resurfacing the skin, thereby providing results related to wrinkle reduction, fading of hyperpigmentation and the brightening of skin tone.
There is a definite tingle when using this product - sometimes to the point where it actually kinda hurts. But when I have an active breakout, there's really nothing like feeling as if your face is being pricked by a thousand needles to console yourself that you're really doing something to kill the bacteria (yes, I have issues)
Do I notice a difference? I believe that it helped calm my breakouts (I was going through a bad bout of cystic acne) and I think that it helped reduce/prevent hyperpigmentation from recent acne.
Will I Repurchase? No. The product is rather pricey (even though I've made it last by using it only once a day) and I am trying to ease out of using ultra-tingling treatments 
Current Replacement: None.


3) Maybelline Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara, $7
Extend lashes by 4mm! Does it really?
The mascara did lengthen my lashes, but I would like some additional volume as well. It does the job of helping define my lashes, just nothing ground-breaking
Will I Repurchase? No.
Current Replacement: Benefit They're Real! Mascara


4) Dove Purely Pampering Coconut Milk with Jasmine Petals Body Wash
My daughter has sensitive skin, so I don't bother straying from Dove when I need a new body wash. It is creamy and hydrating, and smells lovely 
Will I Repurchase? Yes 
Current Replacement: Dove Go Fresh Revive Body Wash in Pomegranate & Lemon Verbena


I talked about this here and I still think that this is a pretty good product. It leaves a slightly tacky feeling upon application that I think really helps my base make-up layer adhere. It also makes me feel like I am really pampering my skin
Will I Repurchase? Yes, already did =) And I still enjoy using it.


I bought this as part of a regime after getting good results from a Michael Todd mask from my Ipsy bag. I'm not sure that I found any of the items I bought to be that fantastic, unfortunately. It smells of lemons (duh!) and it is pleasant enough to use, but I don't know if I saw that much of a difference in my skin. At the very least, it didn't aggravate the situation any more.
Will I Repurchase?  No
Current Replacement: I haven't found one yet -- I am considering the SU:M37 Water-full Toner and the O Hui Age Recovery Essential Skin Softener


This cream was part of the Racinne travel set I got in my Blush! Mystery box, but unlike the serum, I don't particularly care for it. The consistency is thick, since it is a cream, and I don't know...I didn't see any difference in my skin, and I didn't enjoy using it
Will I Repurchase?  No


I actually got a deluxe sample of this product as one of my 100 point perk from Sephora last year. When I started using this, I saw a marked improvement in my eye area -- there seemed to be less fine lines, and the area appeared brighter. And so I ended up buying a full-sized version.
However, now that I have finished the full-sized version, I have a sneaky feeling that the results I was seeing was actually due to a sample of an eye cream (now long used up) that I was using simultaneously with this. Durn.
The applicator of this is rather fun though.
Will I Repurchase? No


This was perfect as an everyday, moisturizing natural lip color that helped me look alive (my lips tend to look lifeless - blue, even...especially in the winter -- all the blood is churning around somewhere else to help keep me warm)
It smelled a tad funny though.
Will I Repurchase? No. I have entirely too many lip products as it is, and really need to use up what I have
Current Replacement: bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Get Ready


As mentioned here, this smells glorious. It transport me into a blissed-out state of mind whenever I use it.
Will I Repurchase? Yes, but not yet. I am still trying to use up products that I have been hoarding in the linen closet


This smells wonderful, helps brighten up the complexion and is one of my skin staples. However, I did notice that it did not help with the dehydration in my skin (especially apparent in the winter months) despite the 24 hour moisture claim.
Will I Repurchase? Yes, but not yet. I still have one more bottle from my stock-up haul during last year's Sephora Friends & Family sale. I am saving that for now until I decide on the efficacy of my current Korean skincare regime


No comments:

Post a Comment