Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Beauty Bit: Rimmel Show Off Lip Laquers Review

Rimmel Show off lip laquer in Nova and Apocaliptic swatch photo 27e8c185-531a-40ab-b555-9d901ebe574f_zpsc8559ae0.jpg 
I have been wanting to try these Rimmel lip laquers out since seeing UK YouTubers talking about them.
I veered off from my normal gravitation course towards reds and went for pinks instead
(due to a Korean drama that I have been OBSESSED with these past few weeks)

L to R: Nova and Apocaliptic

These are bold lip colors that deliver intense color upon the first swipe. But they absolutely CLING on to any dry bits and bobs that you may have (which I certainly do...blast this cold weather) so exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate prior to use!

The colors are gorgeous, and bright 

 photo 6a55567e-3aad-4c6d-ba26-401b02e797ad_zps4b539c8f.png

Above, I have Nova as the base and Apocaliptic applied in the inner portions of the lips for a just-bitten/ombre look....at least...that's what I tell myself!

As for longevity and wear, it is not budge-proof and will pretty much transfer to any and every surface your lips touch. It did ok, lasting through a meal -- the color faded, but was still visible. However, it did fade evenly, so you are not left with a ring of color lining your mouth.

At around $5, it is an affordable lip option that delivers mega-watt color, but I won't be buying any more due to the color transfer and how it really emphasizes dryness. Being realistic, regardless of how many cups of water I drink, or how often I apply balm and exfoliate my lips, there are times when my lips are just, well...dry. So I would need lip products that can help moisturize, or at the very least, not magnify the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment