Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Beauty Bit: ETUDE HOUSE Precious Mineral Any Cushion Compact Review

ETUDE house precious mineral any cushion in W13 natural beige review photo 34d7f510-462a-4054-bb36-587fb2de4d70_zps2eccf79e.jpg

ETUDE HOUSE is a South Korean makeup brand. I've seen their stores during my visits back to Malaysia, but was never tremendously interested in trying it out.

Until my dive off the deep end into everything Korean, that is.

This product is claimed to be similar to the IOPE Air Cushion that was shown being used in My Love from Another Star. And since they have ridiculously perfect skin, I got suckered into trying.

etude house precious mineral any cushion review, W13 natural beige photo 27cde6fd-ee5d-4a89-9a49-75f560ed80c1_zps4895c842.jpg

To be honest, I wasn't quite sure what to expect...I assumed that it would have a somewhat powdery texture (WRONG!), that it would be cased in slim packaging so that it would be easy to tote around (WRONG!) and that it would be easy to reapply (RIGHT!)

The consistency of the product is like a cream. It is a little thinner in consistency than my Skin79 BB cream, and the coverage can be adjusted with the application of multiple layers.

etude house precious mineral any cushion review photo 96ecdda9-4b93-47a6-ad86-a357f9074dc4_zpsd2adb141.jpg

It takes some practice to get the perfect amount of product onto the sponge -- if I press too lightly, there is too little product. But if I press too hard, too much gets on the sponge and I have to blend, blend, blend.

The product gives off a cooling sensation when I first apply it on my skin, which was a slightly odd feeling (I kinda like it now though). The formula is easy to blend, gives of a brightening glow  and provides some coverage. 
Now that my skin's hyperpigmentation is improving, I can get away without packing on the concealer, or foregoing it completely, but I would still need a second layer of my base product on the areas with the dark spots.

Because I have oily skin, I start to "glow" excessively in a few hours, but reapplication of the product was easy and it didn't make my skin look cakey at all, which is an issue I have when I try and touch up throughout the day

 photo IMG_6051_zps9a628188.jpg

I ordered the cushion compact in Natural Beige (W13) and it is a tad light for my skin tone -- It would probably be best if I went up the next shade or so.

As with most Korean products, it claims to serve multiple functions: brightening, wrinkle reduction, and sebum control. It also has an SPF of 50+ (which protects from UVB  rays that causes sunburn) and PA+++ (which protects from UVA rays that may cause long-term skin damage)

I bought my compact from Soko Glam, which is an online store based in NYC that curates Korean beauty and skincare items. Their prices are a little higher than online shops that ship directly from South Korea, but at least it gives you the reassurance that you will be getting authentic products.
 (yes, there are actually counterfeit beauty products in the market. Crazy Asians.)



EDIT: check out this video for a tutorial on how to use air cushion compacts


No comments:

Post a Comment