Friday, April 25, 2014

If Only...Visit to NYC's Koreatown


I grew up in a city, and sometimes I just miss being in that environment. 

When that happens, I hop onto a train for a day trip into NYC to immerse myself in the metropolitan feel, to get lost in the crowds and to soak up the diversity.


This time, we stumble upon Koreatown and immediately get transported back to an Asian city that is jam-packed with businesses in a relatively small real estate area. 

The signs in Hangul, the bright colors, the people, and oh my...the food offerings....


Jjajangmyeon is my very first venture into a full Korean meal


Eating at the food court allowed for people watching. And being around so many young Asian professionals almost makes me want to cry...

So I stopped into Tous les Jours to comfort myself with Asian baked goods. 


There is really nothing like an Asian bakery filled with innovative and creative sweet and savory goods


This goes way beyond the ho-hum offerings of American bakeries...Just LOOK at the cake display!


After that, we do a spot of shopping and drop by The Face Shop, that resides in the same unit as a Korean bookstore

And who do we see?


Nothing like eye candy whilst shopping!

When I got home, I immediately wished that I was back there. 
The easy accessibility of food that reminds me of home, being around people who are similar...all this is comforting to me. 

If only...


No comments:

Post a Comment