Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Random Files: Closet Confidential Tag


The Closet Confidential tag has been going around YouTube land for awhile now. Created by Fleur de Force, I thought it was a rather interesting one to do.

There are 6 questions in total, with an additional bonus question:

1. What is the oldest item in your wardrobe/closet? Dress from Morgan de toi
I was attending the Interact Club Night, which is a formal dinner type occasion held by my school's Interact Club and I  remember going to one of those swanky boutiques that you find in the mall by my house and trying on a ton of dresses. This dress was a couple hundred ringgit (so, not cheap...especially to a 15 year old!) and till now, I am always thankful that my mom has always been willing to buy things for me (within reason). And isn't it amazing that this 15 year old dress is still current to today's standards and I can easily wear it for a wedding dinner or any other dress-up occasion? Goes to show the value of choosing something classic over something trendy.

 photo 311b0ef8-8df4-4371-bf8c-9be82f80dc55_zpsdfa703ab.png

2. What is the newest item? Topshop Slim Fit Tailored Blazer
The fit of this is amazing and it goes with everything

3. What is the most expensive item? Chanel M/L Classic Flap in Navy
This is not the most expensive item in terms of retail price, but it is the most expensive based on what I've actually paid. I absolutely LOVE the bag.

4. What is the cheapest/most affordable item? (that you wear/use a lot!) Proenza Schouler for Target sweater
This sweater is part of the Target and Neiman Marcus collaboration collection from a few years ago. I didn't particularly care for the design on the sweater, but have read raves about it online about how comfy it is. I found one on the rack in my size (the only one left), for $5, and it was practically a "what do I have to lose?" situation. And they were right -- it is insanely comfy, and I do reach for it on an almost weekly basis during the colder months.

 photo closetc4-6_zpsd328df4e.png 
5. What was the biggest bargain? Chanel Jumbo Classic Flap in Beige Clair
This isn't a bargain in the sense that it was cheap (it was definitely NOT cheap), but I got it during Bloomingdale's credit card event for 20% off a few years ago, which is crazy, because one can never get classic Chanels on sale.

6. What was the biggest waste of money?! Fancy dresses
I used to buy pretty, special-occasion dresses because, well, they were pretty and in case I was ever going somewhere fancy....well, I'll be prepared. Now, lets be honest....I don't exactly have a very happening social life. So these dresses don't really get worn (or worn at all, as you can see by the tag still hanging off this J.Crew dress) And thus, I may as well have just been throwing my money away.


BONUS QUESTION - Three favourite items right now!
 
 photo closetcbonus_zpsed91ced6.png

a) Voluminous skirt
Fun, flirty, girly and made by me!

The perfect delicate piece of jewelry

As mentioned in question 2 above, this has a lovely fit on me and it can be dressed up or down accordingly 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment