Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Beauty Bit: Pink Lipsticks

 photo c5eaaeeb-eb9d-4cab-9640-1380e93fdb23_zpsb64cf35e.jpg

My Muji drawers that house all my lip products are chock to the brim and require quite a bit of effort to close. Whilst majority of my stash belong to the red family, as mentioned here, I have acquired quite an arsenal of pink lip products in a relatively short span of time.

Here are some of my pink lip products that have been reached for quite often these days:

My favorite pick for a moisturizing sheer wash of "I just bit into a strawberry and my lips are covered in juice" look.  

Initially not my favorite when I bought it (I favored colors that are more in the red family at that time), it is a brighter neon-ish pink that sometimes is a bit jarring. This is one where the outfit and makeup has to be spot on for it to work on me.

 photo 7204b3df-bd6b-493c-ae4b-2dce284ad8a6_zps5a05b268.jpg
The color is a more neutral pink that can be easily worked into daily use, and it is fantastic for layering with other bolder pink lip products, like Apocaliptic (Rimmel) and Risk It All (bareMinerals).
Product is highly pigmented, but will cling to flakes, so be sure to exfoliate first. Full review here

A gorgeous bolder pink, it is good on its own, but I prefer to layer with Nova (Rimmel) or Strawberry Kissed (Sephora)
Same as the above, be sure to exfoliate lips prior to use. Full review here

Easy to swipe on and go, it gives a buildable wash of color. Product does have a chemical-ly smell towards it, which makes it a bit off-putting

 photo 8fbf8338-2dd0-475c-b4eb-88ec77fc7f39_zps209ee2fb.jpg
Easy to apply, highly pigmented (one swipe is all it takes), moisturizing, and long-wearing. This is the perfect lipstick and the color is gorgeous.
This formula was highly recommended by one of my favorite YouTubers who definitely knows her bold lip products. And she was absolutely right -- it is moisturizing (does not cling to dry bits at all!), highly pigmented, and does not budge. Strawberry Kiss is a matte bright pinky red shade that is absolutely beautiful, but I like to layer it along with Apocaliptic (Rimmel) so that it is a touch more pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment