Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Beauty Bit: Korean Skincare & Makeup Haul from Soko Glam and MISSHA

 photo 273bdb3e-2466-4e5a-985e-e9a7773f7629_zps8dcfad87.jpg

I go through phases when it comes to shopping...a bit like Becky Bloomwood's (from the Shopaholic series) shopping cycle. These past few months have been a skincare feast --

Dull, lifeless and dehydrated skin that is trying to recover from hyperpigmentation caused by quite severe cystic acne...it's like an ice-cream sundae with extra cherries on the top.
Except that I am on a diet, and I don't even like cherries.

After being enamored with Korean dramas, and seeing their perfect skin, I was suckered into trying out Korean skincare products as well as following their skincare regime with the thousand and one steps
 
 photo IMG_6090_zpsc9364ad4.jpg


From Soko Glam:
Customer service was friendly, and the shipping was speedy. The site is comprised of curated items from various Korean brands 

Etude House Dear My Jelly Lips Talk, $10 in Strawberry Syrup Coated Candy and Sweet Plum Candy
These products provide a sheer wash of color in a formula that feels ridiculously hydrating. It smells of fruit punch/cherry Kool-Aid, which is not my personal favorite, but better that than a plasticky smell. My favorite is Strawberry Syrup which gives a pink tint to the lips...like strawberry juice

A finishing powder to help minimize shine and keep those oil glands in control, it is free of parabens, artificial pigments, animal ingredients, mineral oil, artificial fragrances and talc.

This is a cream geared towards providing hydration and is meant to be used as the last step of the skincare regime. It has won quite a number of awards and it is said to rival Biotherm's Aquasource moisturizers. At $18, it is an unbelievable bargain and I really like the product too.

The color I ordered is a little too light for me, but I like it in general. Full review here

Samples received: 2 Manefit sheet masks

missha time revolution night repair, soko glam haul, innisfree, nature republic photo IMG_6084_zps818113e2.jpg

From Missha:
They were having a Friends & Family sale on the day that I randomly clicked onto the site, so I made use of it. But in general, I think they offer a lot of sales, so definitely check on their current deals.

This is the mist version of their popular First Treatment Essence, which was out of stock at the time I was placing my order.  

This is suppose to energize, repair, and restore elasticity of the skin, provide wrinkle repairing and whitening benefits. 

NOTE: I started getting breakouts on my cheeks when I used the above two products, so after a few days, I stopped using them. Now that my skin is calming down again, I am trying them out one by one to see which product is causing the issue.

Formulated with shea butter and mango seed butter for extreme hydration;  syn-ake for wrinkle protection; camellia and lavender to create a phyto-steam complex mimicking the effects of steam treatment to leave silky smooth skin and a delicate scent,.
I actually really like the cream - I feel like it really does help hydrate my really dry fingers and it feels like a little luxury break when I use it. But the amount you get at the price makes it quite expensive, unfortunately.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment