Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Random Files: Sling Bags

Now that the weather is warm and summer is on the horizon, the season of sling and crossbody bags has officially begun.

Summer for me and the kid = carnivals, fairs, playgrounds and general scampering around trying to do as much outdoor activities as possible before the weather cools off again

Which necessitates the need for free arms so that one can hold on to the child so that she doesn't fly off as we zoom down the super slide, or so I can hold on to the bars of the roller coaster so that I don't go flying off.

Here is my arsenal of slingbags that fit into the 3 different price points...


 Budget: Forever 21 black cross body bag
Intermediate: Lauren Merkin clutch with chain
High End: Chanel Square Mini Classic

 photo e2c3af52-4f12-4027-b1e9-c28f4765498b_zps20fd647d.jpg

The Forever 21 bag is probably the most versatile in terms of size, functionality and price point, and is the one that I reach for most often. 
The quality is fantastic, especially considering that I only paid $25 for it.  

The Chanel I tend to baby a tad, and the Lauren Merkin is a bit small for daytrips.

Goes to show that sometimes price isn't everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment