Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Beauty Bit: Product Empties, June 2014

 photo 456d8f08-72bc-4f79-bb7f-d83a9613977f_zps2ec28aa9.jpg

This is a great shampoo to help keep your locks AND scalp healthy. It was part of my very first monthly favorites post, so check that out.
Will I Repurchase? Yes
Current Replacement: Clear Strong Lengths Shampoo
If I had to choose one body lotion to last me through my lifetime, I would choose this one. I have been using it for years and to this day, it still smells intoxicating, and always reminds me of Memoirs of a Geisha when I put it on.
Will I Repurchase? Yes


This was a firm favorite for awhile and I've wrote about this product here and here. However, now that I am have been working myself firmly into the Korean skincare world, I have found so many serums that I want to try that promises a boatload of benefits and which have had raving reviews. All at a fraction of the price of this.
Will I Repurchase? No


This is essentially a clay mask to help draw out impurities in the skin. I use this once/twice a week and I find that it does help reduce/eliminate breakouts after 1 use, and skin is brighter the next day. I much prefer this over the Youthmud, which doesn't really give me much results. It is quite, quite pricey though...I did repurchased it relatively soon after buying the first one to take advantage of the Sephora Friends & Family sale, because at the time, it was helping me manage my breakouts and I would buy anything that would remotely help me in that cause.
Will I Repurchase? Undecided. I like the product and am currently using the second bottle, but there are some Korean options that I would like to explore.


This was my first foray into Korean skincare, and I actually really liked it, specifically for the texture. It has a light, gel-ish type of texture to it that was absorbed into the skin easily. However, reviews on this product on beauty blogs have been mediocre. With the plethora of snail mucin products out there, this one is merely so-so. I am not quite sure if it did a lot to help with the fading of my hyperpigmentations, but at the very least, it did not aggravate my skin any further.
Will I Repurchase? Undecided. I am currently using another snail cream that has fantastic reviews, so I am just trying other products out there until I find one that is truly a WOW item for me.


I have had this product for years and have only finished it up now. I was a big fan of their mineral foundations years ago, and have bought their starter kit. The mineral veil that they included in the kit was the bee's knees so I went and bought the full size when I ran out. Except I chose the wrong one....this one has little shimmer particles in it and I was sooo not into looking like a disco ball. It does help with giving a flawless finish to the skin, like the original version. Last year, I finally vowed to finish it up and so here we are....My daughter will sometimes say that my face is "sparkly like a diamond" though...which is the most fantastic thing to a five year old, but not so much for me. 
Will I Repurchase? Yes, but the regular matte version
Current Replacement: Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Powder


I really liked their Microdelivery Peel, and thought this would be a great (cheaper) alternative to try as well. This is another product that took me an AGE for me to finish this. It is categorized as a facial cleanser, not a scrub. So when I first got the product, I used it as a regular face wash. Which resulted in me breaking out. So I chucked it aside, and moved on to something else. I revisited it again a year or so later, but this time, using it as a scrub instead. And my skin was fine. I don't think this product works well as a primary face wash because it doesn't clean the skin well enough when you are trying to take off a day's worth of makeup and grime (hence the breaking out). But it works in helping smooth the surface of your skin on a daily basis.
Will I Repurchase? No
Current Replacement: None

 

No comments:

Post a Comment