Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Random Files: May 2014 Favorites

 photo 536d4e79-fe76-4c71-a31f-1d22a0d1b7d2_zps5ab0eff8.jpg

This has got to be the oddest collection of favorites around....it is actually a bit hard for me to put together this list on a monthly basis because I tend to use up products before replacing them with something else.

1) Kimchi
Apparently kimchi is a superfood with tons of health benefits. I just like how it tastes and have since started making my own, using this recipe from Maangchi. This is part of my third batch and it is currently in the "ripening" stage.  
All I need is freshly steamed white rice and I'll be set for meals on the days when I don't have to worry about providing meals for my kid.

This was a sample that I got as part of my Missha order. The color I got was about 2 shades too dark, but I mix it in with my Skin79 BB cream (which is slightly too light) to get a closer match to my actual skin tone. I think it has quite good coverage (which is honestly, something that BB creams lack) and it smells mmmmmmm.....it has a lovely floraly scent that goes away after awhile. I've ordered the full size version (in the correct shade!) since. 

Full review available here, but this has been a skin-saver when I had to go back on my prescription topical acne creams. 

4) Adele '21' album
This month was a...slightly moody one for me due to certain life events. This album was played on repeat for majority of the month because sometimes, I just like to wallow in depressing songs. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment