Monday, June 9, 2014

Review: J.Crew Sloane Patent Pumps

JCrew Sloane patent pumps in bright poppy review photo IMG_6479_zps4e9a4a95.jpg

It has been ages since I bought anything from J.Crew...in years past, I would have at least one shipment a month. 

During the Memorial Day weekend, I randomly went on the site and started browsing the sale section (because there is no use buying anything full price from there..everything will eventually go on sale. AND more often than not, there is an additional 30% off sale items code going on) and I came across the Sloane pumps on sale in Bright Poppy

The online picture gave me the impression that Bright Poppy was more of a pink tone than anything, so I gave it a try.

J.Crew Sloane patent pumps in bright poppy review photo 722824b2-f6fb-4816-add5-cbd7c997464c_zps07530467.jpg

As you can see, it is more of a muted/faded version of a true bright red. 

The shoe itself is well made, using real leather on almost everything -- the soles, the inserts, etc, which is why I think that J.Crew shoes are really good mid-price options for shoes. 
(These shoes were on sale, with additional 30% off. I paid $84, which is a steal for the quality that it is)

It has a 3 1/2 inch heel, which is the perfect height for wearing to work, where one would have to last all day in them. It gives sufficient height without it being too much.

Sizing is consistent with all my other shoes, and I fit perfect in my normal 8.5

J.Crew Sloane patent pumps in bright poppy review photo ad5294c7-3dec-4904-a22a-9ecc54f01d79_zps85b4b8c1.jpg 
However, I don't like how long the toe-box is. I prefer my shoes to cut a little lower so that there's more toe cleavage (I tend to associate long toe-boxes with cheaply made shoes. May not be true, but that's just my own observation)

This will be a return for me because of toe-box length, and also because I don't particularly care for the muted red color...I veer towards the thought process that if one is going to do red, then go all out and make it a true bold red. 


J.Crew Sloane Patent Pumps, on sale for $120


No comments:

Post a Comment